Published on Feb 26, 2009
Here’s one of the more bizarre prosumer stories that I’ve seen of late. Upon releasing his second solo album, drummer Josh Freese (of Nine Inch Nails and Devo fame) has offered his fans a sliding scale of “limited edition” offers. For $7 you get a conventional digital download, including three videos. But check out the $75,000 package:
- Go on tour with Josh for a few days.
- Have Josh write, record and release a 5 song EP about you and your life story.
- Take home any of his drumsets (only one but you can choose which one.)
- Take shrooms and cruise Hollywood in Danny from TOOL’s Lamborgini OR play quarters and then hop on the Ouija board for a while.
- Josh will join your band for a month…play shows, record, party with groupies, etc….
- If you don’t have a band he’ll be your personal assistant for a month (4 day work weeks, 10 am to 4 pm)
- Take a limo down to Tijuana and he’ll show you how it’s done (what that means exactly we can’t legally get into here)
- If you don’t live in Southern California (but are a US resident) he’ll come to you and be your personal assistant/cabana boy for 2 weeks.
Thanks to Phil Hood for the tip.